For information on summer assessments, including grading and appeals - please click here
For information on GCSE English and maths November 2021 resitsplease click here
Proposed College Merger - click here for information


Entry Requirements

Details of entry criteria are given on the course factsheets and you should check the specific entry requirements for your chosen course.

Students applying from overseas will need to have the equivalent qualifications from their own country. We use UK ENIC for identifying equivalent grades/qualifications. Please send your educational certificates to International Office email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you would like your qualifications assessed for the purposes of admission onto one of our courses.

You can use UK ENIC ( to compare your qualifications. It is a national agency responsible for providing information and advice about vocational, academic and professional skills and qualifications from all over the world.

Level of English
UK Visas and Immigration Information
Home Office Information for Full Time Students

Level of English

To study on a course at Harrow College applicants are expected to have achieved the required level of English for their chosen course. You will need to provide copies of all relevant certificates. We accept any approved English Language test set at a minimum CEFR Level of B2 or where a minimum B2 result is achieved. A list of approved UKVI tests and test centres worldwide can be found here.

If your level of English is not high enough for your chosen course the college will normally be able to offer you an English as a Foreign Language (EFL) course for either one term or one academic year, whichever is appropriate. After successful completion of the EFL course, you will be able to progress onto your chosen course.

The chart below explains the various form of progression.

Qualification Programmes


Home Office Information for International Students

The College will assess your eligibility to study on the course you are applying for, based on your existing qualifications and level of English. You will also be advised of the fees for the course. Contact the International Officer on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for full-time course information.

The course for which you are applying must lead to a Level 3 qualification. You must apply for a full-time programme of study.

You will need to apply for UK Visa online ( Your visa, if issued, is not transferable between educational institutions. Harrow College is required to report information about students who are sponsored to study in the UK to the UK Visas and Immigration, including students who fail to enrol or students whose attendance drops below the required level.

When you enrol on your programme of study, you must present your passport, ID card and immigration status document. The College is required to keep copies of these documents. 



You can view our courses for overseas students online by clicking here or viewing our International Guide. Overseas students on full-time courses must study a minimum of 15 hours per week. Students studying A level and vocational courses at level 3 normally study at least 15 hours per week.

Please note that we do not offer Student Visa Sponsorship on Level 1 and Level 2 courses.

If you are not sure what to study or need further advice and guidance please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..