Project Search Supported Internships at London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (Northwick Park)
The Project SEARCH Work Training Programme is a collaborative venture between Harrow College, Northwick Park Hospital, Kaleidescope, Sabre, Harrow Council and the West London Alliance. The Programme will provide on-site practical work training at Northwick Park Hospital for young adults with special educational needs.
This course is designed to develop transferable skills, knowledge and attitudes in readiness for paid employment.
Students will develop employability, customer service, confidence, maths, English and ICT skills whilst working alongside employees in a real employment setting.
Classroom based learning at the workplace will enable students to try out three different work roles, supported by the tutor and the job coach.
To learn more about the Project SEARCH Work Training Programme and the various work roles that exist within the Hospital, Click here.
What does an Internship involve?
The Project Search Work Training Programme provides interns with an array of opportunities for personal and professional development.
Whilst participating in the programme, interns will:
• Participate in a variety of placements with a high status local employer.
• Acquire competitive, transferable and marketable job skills.
• Gain increased independence, confidence, self-esteem and friendship groups.
• Receive work-based individual instruction, coaching, support and feedback from the job coach, teacher and host business managers.
• A chance to improve English and maths as well as gain a Work Skills qualification.
• Project SEARCH is a national programme with the majority of participants gaining paid work.
Click here to read more about the programme through Harrow College.
Click here to read some FAQs for Students.
We are now recruiting for September 2021!
To participate in this programme, applicants must:
• Be aged between 16-24 on the 31st of August 2021 and have an Education, Health and Care Plan in place.
• Commit to a 5 day a week programme and be an independent traveller or be undertaking travel training.
Apply now for September 2021!
Click here to learn about what our current interns have been up to.