When you join Harrow College, you can be certain that its a place where you will make new friends, develop your interests and gain new skills all whilst you are pursuing your studies. With fantastic facilities and extremely knowledgeable tutors, you're in the best place to gurantee future success.
Here's what some of our students have to say about their experience of Harrow College.
The Project SEARCH Work Training Programme is a collaborative venture between Harrow College, Northwick Park Hospital, Kaleidescope, Sabre, Harrow Council and the West London Alliance. The Programme will provide on-site practical work training at Northwick Park Hospital for young adults with special educational needs.
This course is designed to develop transferable skills, knowledge and attitudes in readiness for paid employment.
Students will develop employability, customer service, confidence, maths, English and ICT skills whilst working alongside employees in a real employment setting.
Classroom based learning at the workplace will enable students to try out three different work roles, supported by the tutor and the job coach.
To learn more about the Project SEARCH Work Training Programme and the various work roles that exist within the Hospital, Click here.
What does an Internship involve?
The Project Search Work Training Programme provides interns with an array of opportunities for personal and professional development.
Whilst participating in the programme, interns will:
• Participate in a variety of placements with a high status local employer.
• Acquire competitive, transferable and marketable job skills.
• Gain increased independence, confidence, self-esteem and friendship groups.
• Receive work-based individual instruction, coaching, support and feedback from the job coach, teacher and host business managers.
• A chance to improve English and maths as well as gain a Work Skills qualification.
• Project SEARCH is a national programme with the majority of participants gaining paid work.
Click here to read more about the programme through Harrow College.
Click here to read some FAQs for Students.
We are now recruiting for September 2021!
To participate in this programme, applicants must:
• Be aged between 16-24 on the 31st of August 2021 and have an Education, Health and Care Plan in place.
• Commit to a 5 day a week programme and be an independent traveller or be undertaking travel training.
Apply now for September 2021!
Click here to learn about what our current interns have been up to.
Harrow College has two campuses based in north-west London. Both campuses have excellent travel links and are easily accessible through the use of public transport. Each campus offers an excellent range of facilities for students. We also offer a private hire service should you be interested in hiring a room/rooms at the college.
Harrow on the Hill Campus:
- Mon / Wed / Fri: 08:30 - 16:30 (out of term - 08:30 - 16:30)
- Tues / Thurs: 08:30 - 19:30 (out of term - 08:30 - 16:30)
- Saturday: Closed
Harrow Weald Campus:
- Mon - Fri: - 08:30 - 16:30 (out of term 08:30 - 16:30)
- Saturday: Closed
Autumn Term 2020/21
- Term dates: Tuesday 1st September - Friday 18th December 2020
- Half term break: Monday 26th October - Friday 30th October 2020
- Winter Break: Monday 21st December 2020 - Friday 1st January 2021
- Bank Holiday: Friday 1st January 2021
Spring Term 2021
- Term dates: Monday 4th January - Thursday 1st April
- Half term break: Monday 15th February - Friday 19th February
- Spring break: Friday 2nd April - Friday 16th April
- Bank Holiday: Friday 2nd April
- Bank Holiday: Monday 5th April
Summer Term 2021
- Term dates: Monday 19th April - Friday 16th July
- Half term break: Monday 31st May - Friday 4th June
- Summer break starts: Monday 19th July
- Bank Holiday: Monday 3rd May
- Bank Holiday: Monday 31st May
The College is closed on all UK bank holidays.
For a full 2020-21 college calendar, please click here
If you are considering joining college in September 2021, an Open Day is your chance to find out why we're officially THE HIGHEST RANKED COLLEGE IN LONDON for 15-18 year old achievement*; discover more about our courses, our staff expertise and what our students enjoy about studying with us!
Our Open Day provides the opportunity to:
- Meet staff
- Get course information and career advice
- Learn about our apprenticeship programme
- Take a campus tour.
Applications for full-time courses starting September 2021 are now open. You can apply for courses online – www.harrow.ac.uk/courses – or you can call our careers advisors for any information or advice on 020 8909 6000.
Our most recent VIRTUAL OPEN DAY was held in June but if you didn't make it, don't worry you haven't missed out! You can view the sessions from then and also our March 2021 and November 2020 Open Days here:
Register for our next open day below
The Harrow College 2021-22 Full Time Prospectus is available online here.
If you wish to receive a printed copy in the post, kindly click here and register.
*Harrow College is part of HCUC – a merger between Harrow College and Uxbridge College. HCUC is the number 1 college in London for 16-18 year old achievement, confirmed by the Department for Education’s (DfE) most recent achievement data for 2018/19, published March 2020.
There is a range of financial support available dependent on your level of study and circumstances. For more information or advice please contact the Student Services department at our Harrow on the Hill or Harrow Weald campuses.
Please click here to read our Fees Policy.
Our aim is to ensure that your time at college is as worry free as possible. This is how we can help you.
We are a leading sustainable college
Harrow College is committed to achieving a sustainable future for ourselves and generations to come. As part of our responsible governance programme, one of our Key Performance Indicators is, “to actively promote a culture of environmental sustainability.” This is included in our main Strategic Objective which is: “To become an outstanding provider as recognised by Ofsted”.
Come and visit our Admissions Office for advice on which course to choose and talk over your options for the future.
Alternatively you can phone our call centre on 020 8909 6000 or use the enquiry availability here to request info or use our course search engine.
Harrow College is proud to deliver its Football Academy for 16-18 year olds in partnership with Queens Park Rangers FC in the Community Trust.
We provide talented young sports people with the opportunity to develop their prospects of a career in football while continuing with their education (see courses below).