The Project SEARCH Work Training Programme is a collaborative venture between Harrow College, Northwick Park Hospital, Kaleidescope, Sabre, Harrow Council and the West London Alliance. The Programme will provide on-site practical work training at Northwick Park Hospital for young adults with special educational needs.
This course is designed to develop transferable skills, knowledge and attitudes in readiness for paid employment.
Students will develop employability, customer service, confidence, maths, English and ICT skills whilst working alongside employees in a real employment setting.
Classroom based learning at the workplace will enable students to try out three different work roles, supported by the tutor and the job coach.
To learn more about the Project SEARCH Work Training Programme and the various work roles that exist within the Hospital, Click here.
What does an Internship involve?
The Project Search Work Training Programme provides interns with an array of opportunities for personal and professional development.
Whilst participating in the programme, interns will:
• Participate in a variety of placements with a high status local employer.
• Acquire competitive, transferable and marketable job skills.
• Gain increased independence, confidence, self-esteem and friendship groups.
• Receive work-based individual instruction, coaching, support and feedback from the job coach, teacher and host business managers.
• A chance to improve English and maths as well as gain a Work Skills qualification.
• Project SEARCH is a national programme with the majority of participants gaining paid work.
Click here to read more about the programme through Harrow College.
Click here to read some FAQs for Students.
We are now recruiting for September 2020!
To participate in this programme, applicants must:
• Be aged between 16-24 on the 31st of August 2020 and have an Education, Health and Care Plan in place.
• Commit to a 5 day a week programme and be an independent traveller or be undertaking travel training.
Apply now for September 2020!
Click here to learn about what our current interns have been up to.
Our next Open Days are in March 2020 - Register Here!
Thursday 5th March 2020, 4pm - 7:30pm - Harrow on the Hill Campus
Subjects based at Harrow on the Hill Campus are: Beauty Therapy & Hairdressing, Business and Accounting, Computing & IT, ESOL, Media & Film, Science, Sport & Fitness and Apprenticeships.
Wednesday 18th March 2020, 4pm - 7:30pm - Harrow Weald Campus
Subjects based at Harrow Weald Campus are: Art & Design, Childcare (Early Years), Construction, Plumbing & Electrical Installation, Health & Social, Foundation Learning, ALS (Additional Learning Support) and Apprenticeships.
Harrow College has two campuses based in north-west London. Both campuses have excellent travel links and are easily accessible through the use of public transport. Each campus offers an excellent range of facilities for students. We also offer a private hire service should you be interested in hiring a room/rooms at the college.
Harrow on the Hill Campus:
- Mon / Wed / Fri: 08:30 - 16:30 (out of term - 08:30 - 16:30)
- Tues / Thurs: 08:30 - 19:30 (out of term - 08:30 - 16:30)
- Saturday: Closed
Harrow Weald Campus:
- Mon - Fri: - 08:30 - 16:30 (out of term 08:30 - 16:30)
- Saturday: Closed
Autumn Term 2019/20
- Term dates: Monday 2nd September - Friday 20th December 2019
- Half term break: Monday 21st October - Friday 25th October 2019
- Winter break: Monday 23rd December 2019 - Friday 3rd January 2020
Spring Term 2020
- Term dates: Monday 6th January – Friday 3rd April
- Half term break: Monday 17th February – Friday 21st February
- Spring break: Monday 6th April - Friday 17th April
Summer Term 2020
- Term dates: Monday 20th April – Friday 10th July
- Half term break: Monday 25th May – Friday 29th May
- Summer break starts: Monday 13th July
The College is closed on all UK bank holidays.
For a full 2019-20 college calendar, please click here
There is a range of financial support available dependent on your level of study and circumstances. For more information or advice please contact the Student Services department at our Harrow on the Hill or Harrow Weald campuses.
Please click here to read our Fees Policy.
Our aim is to ensure that your time at college is as worry free as possible. This is how we can help you.
We are a leading sustainable college
Harrow College is committed to achieving a sustainable future for ourselves and generations to come. As part of our responsible governance programme, one of our Key Performance Indicators is, “to actively promote a culture of environmental sustainability.” This is included in our main Strategic Objective which is: “To become an outstanding provider as recognised by Ofsted”.
Come and visit our Admissions Office for advice on which course to choose and talk over your options for the future.
Alternatively you can phone our call centre on 020 8909 6000 or use the enquiry availability here to request info or use our course search engine.
Harrow College is proud to deliver its Football Academy for 16-18 year olds in partnership with Queens Park Rangers FC in the Community Trust.
We provide talented young sports people with the opportunity to develop their prospects of a career in football while continuing with their education (see courses below).