When you join Harrow College, you can be certain that its a place where you will make new friends, develop your interests and gain new skills all whilst you are pursuing your studies. With fantastic facilities and extremely knowledgeable tutors, you're in the best place to gurantee future success.
Here's what some of our students have to say about their experience of Harrow College.
The Project SEARCH Work Training Programme is a collaborative venture between Harrow College, Northwick Park Hospital, Kaleidescope, Sabre, Harrow Council and the West London Alliance. The Programme will provide on-site practical work training at Northwick Park Hospital/Central Middlesex Hospital for young adults with special educational needs.
This course is designed to develop transferable skills, knowledge and attitudes in readiness for paid employment.
Students will develop employability, customer service, confidence, maths, English and ICT skills whilst working alongside employees in a real employment setting.
Classroom based learning at the workplace will enable students to try out three different work roles, supported by the tutor and the job coach.
To learn more about the Project SEARCH Work Training Programme and the various work roles that exist within the Hospital, Click here.
What does an Internship involve?
The Project Search Work Training Programme provides interns with an array of opportunities for personal and professional development.
Whilst participating in the programme, interns will:
• Participate in a variety of placements with a high status local employer.
• Acquire competitive, transferable and marketable job skills.
• Gain increased independence, confidence, self-esteem and friendship groups.
• Receive work-based individual instruction, coaching, support and feedback from the job coach, teacher and host business managers.
• A chance to improve English and maths as well as gain a Work Skills qualification.
• Project SEARCH is a national programme with the majority of participants gaining paid work.
Click here to read more about the programme through Harrow College.
Click here to read some FAQs for Students.
We are now recruiting for September 2022-23!
The next Project Search Open Evening will be held on Monday 15th November 17:00 at Harrow College, Harrow Weald Campus, Brookshill, Harrow Weald, Harrow HA3 6RR
The following Project Search Open Evening will be held Monday 10th January 2022, at Harrow College, Harrow Weald Campus.
Project Search Skills Assessment and Interviews for 2022/23 recruitment will occur on Monday 7th February 2022 at Harrow College, Harrow Weald Campus by appointment only.
To participate in this programme, applicants must:
• Be aged between 16-24 on the 31st of August 2022 and have an Education, Health and Care Plan in place.
• Commit to a 5 day a week programme and be an independent traveller or be undertaking travel training.
Apply now for September 2022!
Click here to learn about what our current interns have been up to.
Harrow College has two campuses based in north-west London. Both campuses have excellent travel links and are easily accessible through the use of public transport. Each campus offers an excellent range of facilities for students. We also offer a private hire service should you be interested in hiring a room/rooms at the college.
Harrow on the Hill Campus:
- Mon / Wed / Fri: 08:30 - 16:30 (out of term - 08:30 - 16:30)
- Tues / Thurs: 08:30 - 19:30 (out of term - 08:30 - 16:30)
- Saturday: Closed
Harrow Weald Campus:
- Mon - Fri: - 08:30 - 16:30 (out of term 08:30 - 16:30)
- Saturday: Closed
Autumn Term 2021/22
- Term dates: Wednesday 1st September - Friday 17th December 2021
- Half term break: Monday 25th October - Friday 29th October 2021
- Winter Break: Monday 20th December 2021 - Monday 3rd January 2022
- Bank Holiday: Monday 3rd January 2022
Spring Term 2022
- Term dates: Tuesday 4th January - Friday 1st April
- Half term break: Monday 14th February - Friday 18th February
- Spring break: Friday 4th April - Monday 18th April
- Bank Holiday: Friday 15th April
- Bank Holiday: Monday 18th April
Summer Term 2022
- Term dates: Tuesday 19th April - Friday 15th July
- Half term break: Monday 30th May - Friday 3rd June
- Summer break starts: Monday 18th July
- Bank Holiday: Monday 2nd May
- Bank Holiday: Thursday 2nd June
- Bank Holiday: Friday 3rd June
The College is closed on all UK bank holidays.
For a full 2021-22 college calendar, please click here
If you want to find out a bit more about our courses and what it's like to be a student at Harrow College, come along to one of our Open Days. They are a great way to find out why we're officially THE HIGHEST RANKED COLLEGE IN LONDON for 16-18 year old achievement*; discover more about our courses, our staff expertise and what our students enjoy about studying with us!
The next open days will take place at:
Harrow Weald Campus
Brookshill, Harrow Weald, Harrow HA3 6RR
Thursday 10th March 2022, 4.00 - 7.00pm
Find out about the courses we offer at our Harrow Wead Campus in Art, Design & Architecture, Childcare and Health & Social Care, Construction, Plumbing & Electrical Installation, Foundation Learning & Additional Support. You can also find out about apprenticeships.
Harrow on the Hill Campus
Lowlands Rd, Harrow HA1 3AQ
Wednesday 23rd March 2022, 4.00 - 7.00pm
Find out about the courses we offer at our Harrow on the Hill Campus in Access to Higher Education, Apprenticeships, Beauty Therapy, Business & Accounting, English, ESOL, Hairdressing, HNCs (university-level courses), ICT, Maths, Media & Film, Science and Sport.
Register for our next open day below
We'll send you more details so you can find out more about joining us in September 2022!
To view our previous virtual Open Days held in June 2021, please click the button below:
*Harrow College is part of HCUC – a merger between Harrow College and Uxbridge College. HCUC is the number 1 college in London for 16-18 year old achievement, confirmed by the Department for Education’s (DfE) most recent achievement data for 2018/19, published March 2020.
There is a range of financial support available dependent on your level of study and circumstances. For more information or advice please contact the Student Services department at our Harrow on the Hill or Harrow Weald campuses.
Please click here to read our Fees Policy.
Our aim is to ensure that your time at college is as worry free as possible. This is how we can help you.
We are a leading sustainable college
Harrow College is committed to achieving a sustainable future for ourselves and generations to come. As part of our responsible governance programme, one of our Key Performance Indicators is, “to actively promote a culture of environmental sustainability.” This is included in our main Strategic Objective which is: “To become an outstanding provider as recognised by Ofsted”.
Come and visit our Admissions Office for advice on which course to choose and talk over your options for the future.
Alternatively you can phone our call centre on 020 8909 6000 or use the enquiry availability here to request info or use our course search engine.
We create choice, opportunities and success. Your future is our priority.
Public Value Statement
Our aim is to meet the education and training needs of learners, employers and the wider community, raising skills levels, contributing to economic growth and maximising individual potential.
Celebrating success runs through all values:
- Commitment to Excellence – Outstanding quality and responsiveness
- Diverse and Inclusive – Shape lives and build futures
- Enterprising and Responsive – Forward thinking
- Sustainable – Create a sustainable future and environment
- High Expectations – 'Be the best you can be'
- Strong and Effective Leadership – Professional and accountable with integrity.
HEALTH & SAFETY
To view our Health & Safety Policy click here.
To view our Sustainability Policy click here.
Harrow College is proud to deliver its Football Academy for 16-18 year olds in partnership with Queens Park Rangers FC in the Community Trust.
We provide talented young sports people with the opportunity to develop their prospects of a career in football while continuing with their education (see courses below).