When you join Harrow College, you can be certain that its a place where you will make new friends, develop your interests and gain new skills all whilst you are pursuing your studies. With fantastic facilities and extremely knowledgeable tutors, you're in the best place to gurantee future success.
Here's what some of our students have to say about their experience of Harrow College.
The Project SEARCH Work Training Programme is a collaborative venture between Harrow College, Northwick Park Hospital, Kaleidescope, Sabre, Harrow Council and the West London Alliance. The Programme will provide on-site practical work training at Northwick Park Hospital for young adults with special educational needs.
This course is designed to develop transferable skills, knowledge and attitudes in readiness for paid employment.
Students will develop employability, customer service, confidence, maths, English and ICT skills whilst working alongside employees in a real employment setting.
Classroom based learning at the workplace will enable students to try out three different work roles, supported by the tutor and the job coach.
To learn more about the Project SEARCH Work Training Programme and the various work roles that exist within the Hospital, Click here.
What does an Internship involve?
The Project Search Work Training Programme provides interns with an array of opportunities for personal and professional development.
Whilst participating in the programme, interns will:
• Participate in a variety of placements with a high status local employer.
• Acquire competitive, transferable and marketable job skills.
• Gain increased independence, confidence, self-esteem and friendship groups.
• Receive work-based individual instruction, coaching, support and feedback from the job coach, teacher and host business managers.
• A chance to improve English and maths as well as gain a Work Skills qualification.
• Project SEARCH is a national programme with the majority of participants gaining paid work.
Click here to read more about the programme through Harrow College.
Click here to read some FAQs for Students.
We are now recruiting for September 2020!
To participate in this programme, applicants must:
• Be aged between 16-24 on the 31st of August 2020 and have an Education, Health and Care Plan in place.
• Commit to a 5 day a week programme and be an independent traveller or be undertaking travel training.
Apply now for September 2020!
Click here to learn about what our current interns have been up to.
Harrow College has two campuses based in north-west London. Both campuses have excellent travel links and are easily accessible through the use of public transport. Each campus offers an excellent range of facilities for students. We also offer a private hire service should you be interested in hiring a room/rooms at the college.
Harrow on the Hill Campus:
- Mon / Wed / Fri: 08:30 - 16:30 (out of term - 08:30 - 16:30)
- Tues / Thurs: 08:30 - 19:30 (out of term - 08:30 - 16:30)
- Saturday: Closed
Harrow Weald Campus:
- Mon - Fri: - 08:30 - 16:30 (out of term 08:30 - 16:30)
- Saturday: Closed
Autumn Term 2020/21
- Term dates: Tuesday 1st September - Friday 18th December 2020
- Half term break: Monday 26th October - Friday 30th October 2020
- Winter Break: Monday 21st December 2020 - Friday 1st January 2021
- Bank Holiday: Friday 1st January 2021
Spring Term 2021
- Term dates: Monday 4th January - Thursday 1st April
- Half term break: Monday 15th February - Friday 19th February
- Spring break: Friday 2nd April - Friday 16th April
- Bank Holiday: Friday 2nd April
- Bank Holiday: Monday 5th April
Summer Term 2021
- Term dates: Monday 19th April - Friday 16th July
- Half term break: Monday 31st May - Friday 4th June
- Summer break starts: Monday 19th July
- Bank Holiday: Monday 3rd May
- Bank Holiday: Monday 31st May
The College is closed on all UK bank holidays.
For a full 2020-21 college calendar, please click here
If you're looking for a new college course starting in Sept 2021, our open evenings are for you! Register for the next open day and find out more about the courses we offer and why we're officially THE HIGHEST RANKED COLLEGE IN LONDON for 16-18 year old achievement*.
Our Open Day provides the opportunity to:
Get course information and career advice
Learn about our apprenticeship programme
Take a campus tour.
Find out all about apprenticeships at our Apprenticeships Virtual Open Day
6:00pm - 7:00pm
Wednesday 02 December 2020
In June 2020 we held a series of Virtual Open Days via Zoom. Although these Virtual Open Days were for the September 2020 intake, you may still find relevant information on them. You can find the links for the recorded sessions here:
|Harrow College Virtual Open Days June 2020||Link|
|Art & Design and Architecture.||https://bit.ly/3fZiBYs|
|Computing & IT||https://bit.ly/2A6Eiqh|
|Construction, Plumbing & Electrical Instillation||https://bit.ly/2ZY1VtO|
|Hairdressing & Beauty Therapy||https://bit.ly/3g1NHyw|
|Health & Social Care and Childcare||https://bit.ly/2CDxwck|
|Media & Film Studies||https://bit.ly/2YN7JY2|
Follow the links to find out more about the courses we offer and why we're officially THE HIGHEST RANKED COLLEGE IN LONDON for 16-18 year old achievement*.
In the meantime, you can still apply for courses online – www.harrow.ac.uk/courses – or you can call our careers advisors for any information or advice on 020 8909 6000.
*Harrow College is part of HCUC – a merger between Harrow College and Uxbridge College. HCUC is the number 1 college in London for 16-18 year old achievement, confirmed by the Department for Education’s (DfE) most recent achievement data for 2018/19, published March 2020.
There is a range of financial support available dependent on your level of study and circumstances. For more information or advice please contact the Student Services department at our Harrow on the Hill or Harrow Weald campuses.
Please click here to read our Fees Policy.
Our aim is to ensure that your time at college is as worry free as possible. This is how we can help you.
We are a leading sustainable college
Harrow College is committed to achieving a sustainable future for ourselves and generations to come. As part of our responsible governance programme, one of our Key Performance Indicators is, “to actively promote a culture of environmental sustainability.” This is included in our main Strategic Objective which is: “To become an outstanding provider as recognised by Ofsted”.
Come and visit our Admissions Office for advice on which course to choose and talk over your options for the future.
Alternatively you can phone our call centre on 020 8909 6000 or use the enquiry availability here to request info or use our course search engine.
Harrow College is proud to deliver its Football Academy for 16-18 year olds in partnership with Queens Park Rangers FC in the Community Trust.
We provide talented young sports people with the opportunity to develop their prospects of a career in football while continuing with their education (see courses below).