Harrow College is proud to deliver its Football Academy for 16-18 year olds in partnership with Queens Park Rangers FC in the Community Trust.
We provide talented young sports people with the opportunity to develop their prospects of a career in football while continuing with their education (see courses below).
Qualified coaches from QPR FC will lead two coaching sessions a week and prepare students for their weekly matches against other academy sides throughout the season.
The programme will provide the most up to date, comprehensive and high quality training for 16-18 year olds wishing to break into the football industry. Study and qualifications gained can also lead to opportunities in the following fields:
- Professional sports person
- Sports Therapy
- Fitness Industry
- Leisure Management
- Higher Education
- Overseas Scholarships
Our Football Academy provides you with a programme of football training while you work on a full-time course of academic study. You will also participate in games in the British Colleges Sport League, ECFA London.
Students will enjoy a number of activities. Highlights from previous years include:
- Outdoor adventure activities including high ropes, caving and wall climbing
- Sports Psychology talk by Mr Adam Morris (Director of TheSportInMind.com)
- Career sessions with guest speakers from UCAS
- Wembley Stadium open days including match tickets
- Inspirational guest speakers
- Employment support
- Work experience sessions and an insight into working life
- Sky Academy Careers Lab including tours of Sky Studios - Sky's state of the art production facility
See our Sport Highlights and Graduation videos here.
You must attend a trial to join the programme. Trials to join the Football Academy take place at Vale Farm Sports Ground in Wembley.
Please ensure you bring the following with you when you attend a football trial:
- Footwear suitable for 3g Astro Turf
- Full sports kit suitable for an outdoor session
- Plenty of fluids
- Shower toiletries and towel
- Shin guards
All students are expected to report for a trial 15 minutes before the trial start time.
BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Sport This course is for boys with a minimum of 4 GCSEs in relevant subjects or able to demonstrate other related qualifications and experience.
VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Sport Studies This course is for boys with a proven playing ability selected at trials, who seeks a first class education and holds 4 GCSE at grade C/D including Maths and English.
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (90 Credit Route) This course is for boys with a proven playing ability selected at trials, who seeks a first class education and holds 5 GCSE at grade A* to C including Maths and English.
Being part of this squad will give you the opportunity to improve your football skills and potential exposure to a range of football clubs.