4 x GCSEs grade 3 (grade D) or above preferably including both English & maths or a relevant Level 1 qualification.
Who is the course for
This course will appeal to those students who:
- Have a keen interest in the application of Science
- Enjoy studying a subject that is relevant to their own lives and experience
- Want to find out more about Science through personal investigation
- Want the opportunity to carry out practical work as well as class work
- Are interested in developing an understanding of Science and how to solve scientific problems
- Want to study a course that is active and enjoyable
- Want to move on to a higher level course
This a one year course which covers a wide range of scientific disciplines including Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. In addition you will complete the BTEC Level 1 Foundation Project (STEM).
Through classroom teaching, practical activities, group work, research and educational visits.
How is the course assessed
This is a 100% coursework based course. Each unit is assessed by assignments which are graded at Pass, Merit or Distinction. Each unit is then given a grade, with a final grade of Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction* awarded for the overall qualification.
Where next - Further Studies
An OCR Technical Diploma in Science prepares you for employment and provides a good grounding to go on to a more advanced course such as: Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Science or related Science / Technology areas.
Where next - Job Opportunities
With further training or study, students go into careers such as:
- Forensic Science
- Food Technology
- Analytical Science
- Quality Control
- Environmental Science
You will need all standard stationary equipment, including folders and a scientific calculator. Normal class resources.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - if you would prefer to submit a paper form please click here to download a copy. Please fill it out and return it to: Admissions, Harrow College, Lowlands Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 3AQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.