4 x GCSEs grade 9-4 (grade A- C) including English or maths, or a Level 2 qualification at merit/pass with GCSE English or maths at grade 9-4 (grade A- C).
Who is the course for
Students aged 16-18 years with proven football playing ability selected by trial who seek a first class education. This is the first year of a two year course that will help you to develop skills and knowledge required for employment within a variety of sectors of the sport industry.
1st year units include:
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
- The Physiology of Fitness
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Sports Nutrition
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- plus two additional units to make up 9 units.
Training is mapped out over the week with games played on a Wednesday. College classes will take place over the same five day period and classes will consist of a variety of lectures, videos, outside speakers, research and student presentations.
How is the course assessed
You will be assessed through a combination of written assignments, presentations and practical assessments.
Where next - Further Studies
Students can progress to University to take degrees or HND in Sports, Fitness and Health related courses.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Students who are successful can progress to employment in the sports industry.
There will be some additional materials costs for uniform/kit and workbooks. You will need a pair of football boots.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - if you would prefer to submit a paper form please click here to download a copy. Please fill it out and return it to: Admissions, Harrow College, Lowlands Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 3AQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.