5 x GCSEs grade 9-4 (grade A- C) including English & maths or a relevant Level 2 qualification at merit or above. Students who have 4 x GCSEs grade 9-4 (grade A- C) including English and maths should apply and will be interviewed.
Who is the course for
Students aged 16-18 years with proven football playing ability selected by trial who seek a first class education and have predicted grades A* to C at GCSE level. This is the first year of a two year course that will help you to develop skills and knowledge required for employment within a variety of sectors of the sport industry.
1st year unit include:
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
- The Physiology of Fitness
- Assessing Risk in Sport Unit
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Sports Nutrition
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- plus two additional units to make up 9 units.
2nd year unit include:
- Technical and Tactical Skills in Sport
- The Athlete's Lifestyle
- Sports Coaching
- Practical Team Sports
- Analysis of Sports Performance
- Rules, Regulations and Officiating in Sport
- plus additional units to make up the full extended diploma.
Training is mapped out over the week with games played on a Wednesday. College classes will take place over the same five day period and classes will consist of a variety of lectures, videos, outside speakers, research and student presentations.
How is the course assessed
You will be assessed through a combination of written assignments, presentations and practical assessments.
Where next - Further Studies
Students can progress to University to take degrees or HND in Sports, Fitness and Health related courses.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Students who are successful can progress to employment in the sports industry.
Textbook approximate £20, USB memory stick, plastic wallets, files. Appropriate football boots. Academy kit is mandatory. A fee for material costs for uniform/kit and workbooks. Pen and paper and to wear uniform if it has arrived in time.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - if you would prefer to submit a paper form please click here to download a copy. Please fill it out and return it to: Admissions, Harrow College, Lowlands Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 3AQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.