Harrow College is delighted to be opening a brand new, state of the art facility for Health and Social Care training in September 2017.
Health and wellbeing is a growing area for employment locally and nationally, with new emerging specialist areas such as dementia care and autism care. This visually exciting, purpose built building extends to 1,305 m2 across two floors; it will be a regional hub for health care training, providing training for students at levels 1, 2, 3, 4 together with specialist professional/CPD opportunities for employers.
Alongside state of the art classrooms and IT facilities, specialist suites within the building include:
• Domestic care suite, where students can learn how to look after vulnerable adults in a home setting (image above)
• Orthopaedic care suite, for hands-on experience of handling clients getting in/out of hospital beds and learning how to operate the beds (image above)
• Nutrition laboratory, where specialist health diets can be devised and prepared (image above)
• Exercise suite, where students can learn about exercises suitable for specific health needs
• Triage room, for learning how to assess the needs of vulnerable clients in emergency situations
Our new building is part-funded by a grant from the London Enterprise Partnership; designed by IBI Group and under construction by Ashe Ltd. Located on our tranquil Care Campus, in the Green Belt at Harrow Weald, it will be built to a very high environmental standard (BREEAM Excellent), reflecting the College’s commitment to sustainability.
Click here for more on Health & Social Care courses at Harrow College.