Harrow College is proud to deliver its Education and Football Development Centre for 16-18 year olds in association with the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation.
Together we provide talented young sports people with the opportunity to develop their prospects of a career in football while continuing with their education.
Qualified FA coaches from Tottenham Hotspur will lead three coaching sessions a week and prepare students for their weekly matches against other academy sides throughout the season.
The programme will provide the most up to date, comprehensive and high quality training for 16-18 year olds wishing to break into the football industry. Study and qualifications gained can also lead to opportunities in the following fields:
- Professional sports person
- Sports Therapy
- Fitness Industry
- Leisure Management
- Higher Education
- Overseas Scholarships
Our Education and Football Development Centre provides you with a programme of football training while you work on a full-time course of academic study. You will also participate in games in the British Colleges Sport League, ECFA London.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2014/15
During this current academic year, students have enjoyed a number of activities including:
- Outdoor adventure activities including high ropes, caving and wall climbing
- Sports Psychology talk by Mr Adam Morris (Director of TheSportInMind.com)
- Career sessions with guest speakers from UCAS
- Wembley Stadium open days including tickets for England v Slovenia live
- Inspirational guest speakers covering topics from education to crime and the positive impact of sports
- Employment support
- Work experience sessions and an insight into working life
- Sky Academy Careers Lab including tours of Sky Studios - Sky's state of the art production facility
See our Sport Highlights and Graduation videos here.
TRIAL DATES 2015/16
Trials to join the Football Development Centre under the guidance of coaches from Tottenham Hotspur Foundation will commence at Vale Farm Sports Ground in Wembley on the following dates/times:
Monday 26 October, 2015
9am - 12pm
Monday 15 February, 2016
9am - 12pm
Monday 4 April, 2016
9am - 12pm
Monday 30 May, 2016
9am - 12pm
Please ensure that you bring the following with you:
Footwear suitable for 3g Astro turf
• Full sports kit for outdoor session (be prepared for cold/wet/warm weather conditions
• Plenty of fluids
• Shower toiletries and towel
• Shin guards
All students are expected to report for training 8.45am for a 9am morning start
BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Sport This course is for boys with a minimum of 4 GCSEs in relevant subjects or able to demonstrate other related qualifications and experience.
BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Sport This course is for boys with a proven playing ability selected at trials, who seeks a first class education and holds 4 GCSE at grade C/D including Maths and English.
BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma in Sport This course is for boys with a proven playing ability selected at trials, who seeks a first class education and holds 5 GCSE at grade A* to C including Maths and English.
Being part of this squad will give you the opportunity to improve your football skills and potential exposure to a range of football clubs.