Harrow College and Uxbridge College have announced their intention to merge in order to create a single, larger and more sustainable college, that is better able to meet current and future local needs. Both colleges will retain their existing campuses, names and identities.
The merger will create a significant educational provider in west London, supporting the success of around 12,500 students and apprentices, with over 600 staff and a combined turnover of around £50million. Both colleges see the merger as a ‘partnership of equals’ and both bring strengths and assets to the partnership. The new college will build on the educational character and values of both colleges, with a firm, stated commitment to maintain a substantial provision in each borough.
Harrow College would like to thank respondents for their feedback to our recent public consultation on the proposed merger. The result of the consultation confirms that there is no reason for the merger not to proceed. The report can be viewed from the link below alongside the original consultation document and frequently asked questions for students, parents, guardians and other stakeholders.
Click the links below to view relevant documents.
- Outcome of the public consultation on the proposed merger.
- Harrow and Uxbridge College consultation document.
- Further information on the vision for the new merged college group.
- View Frequently Asked Questions for students and parents.
“Our merged organisation will give us greater resilience and greater scope to invest and increase our capacity to innovate and to respond effectively to regional and local needs.”
Chair of Governors, Harrow College
Chair of Governors, Uxbridge College
In the news
- The future is bright for students at Harrow College following results day success
- Harrow College students complete new council Civic Centre design project
- BBC welcome media students from Harrow College
- Creative art and media students shine with end of year exhibition
- IT students learn about Cloud technology from Amazon expert