Harrow College is proud to deliver its Education and Football Development Centre for 16-18 year olds in association with the Tottenham Hotspur.
Together we provide talented young sports people with the opportunity to develop their prospects of a career in football while continuing with their education.
Qualified FA coaches from Tottenham Hotspur will lead three coaching sessions a week and prepare students for their weekly matches against other academy sides throughout the season.
The programme will provide the most up to date, comprehensive and high quality training for 16-18 year olds wishing to break into the football industry. Study and qualifications gained can also lead to opportunities in the following fields:
- Professional sports person
- Sports Therapy
- Fitness Industry
- Leisure Management
- Higher Education
- Overseas Scholarships
Our Education and Football Development Centre provides you with a programme of football training while you work on a full-time course of academic study. You will also participate in games in the British Colleges Sport League, ECFA London.
Students will enjoy a number of activities. Recent highlights include:
- Outdoor adventure activities including high ropes, caving and wall climbing
- Sports Psychology talk by Mr Adam Morris (Director of TheSportInMind.com)
- Career sessions with guest speakers from UCAS
- Wembley Stadium open days including tickets for England v Slovenia live
- Inspirational guest speakers covering topics from education to crime and the positive impact of sports
- Employment support
- Work experience sessions and an insight into working life
- Sky Academy Careers Lab including tours of Sky Studios - Sky's state of the art production facility
See our Sport Highlights and Graduation videos here.
Trials to join the Football Development Centre under the guidance of coaches from Tottenham Hotspur Foundation take place at Vale Farm Sports Ground in Wembley.
Please ensure you bring the following with you when you attend a football trial:
- Footwear suitable for 3g Astro Turf
- Full sports kit suitable for an outdoor session
- Plenty of fluids
- Shower toiletries and towel
- Shin guards
All students are expected to report for training 15 minutes before the trial start time.
BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Sport This course is for boys with a minimum of 4 GCSEs in relevant subjects or able to demonstrate other related qualifications and experience.
VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Sport Studies This course is for boys with a proven playing ability selected at trials, who seeks a first class education and holds 4 GCSE at grade C/D including Maths and English.
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (90 Credit Route) This course is for boys with a proven playing ability selected at trials, who seeks a first class education and holds 5 GCSE at grade A* to C including Maths and English.
Being part of this squad will give you the opportunity to improve your football skills and potential exposure to a range of football clubs.