Mathematics GCSE

StartsLengthWhereCode
08 Sep 201432 wksHarrow on the Hill CampusGC2MATHAEnquire
08 Sep 201432 wksHarrow Weald CampusGC2MATWAEnquire

What is the course about?

This course is for students who need a grade C or above in the Maths GCSE qualification in order to progress to further study or to a career.

Progression Opportunities - what's in it for me?

Entry to courses requiring GCSE Maths, e.g. some A level courses and most degree courses, and to some careers and universities.

What are the Entry Requirements?

Grade D in Mathematics, if previously taken and a pass in the diagnostic Maths test at the beginning of the year.

What will I study?

The Edexcel modular GCSE Maths course. Units 1 and 2 will be studied at Higher level and unit 3 at Foundation level. The syllabus content for each of the modules can be found on the Edexcel website (www.edexcel.org.uk)

How will I study?

Students are taught as a group for three hours per week.They should also do a good amount of homework.

How will I be assessed?

Unit 1 (Statistics and Probability) and Unit 2 (Number, Algebra and Geometry part 1) exams are taken in March. They are each worth 30% of the marks. Unit 3 (Number, Algebra and Geometry part 2) is taken in May/ June and is worth 40% of the marks.

What equipment or materials will I need?

You will need three textbooks, costing approximately £10 each. Your teacher will tell you which textbook to buy at the start of the course. You will also need a scientific calculator, a ruler, compasses, a protractor, pens and pencils.

What should I bring to the first class?

A4 folder and writing pad, pen, pencil, rubber, ruler, calculator and enrolment form., ,

Are there any additional costs that I need to be aware of?

Cost of textbook (approximately £30).

How do I Enrol?

You can apply for full time programmes on our website www.harrow.ac.uk. Find your desired course, click on the Apply link at the end of a course information sheet, then check out and complete the online application form. Alternatively, you can download an application from the website or request one from Admissions and post it to the college. All applicants will complete an initial assessment followed by a guidance interview. You will be notified in writing of the outcome of the interview and enrolment details will be forwarded to you at a later date. Enrolment is normally at the campus where you will be studying.

What support will I receive?

All full-time students will have a personal tutor and access to a wide range of enrichment activities. Your course will give you anopportunityto develop skills in numeracy, literacy and communication,including speaking and listening skills. Students who do not have a Level 2 (GCSE equivalent at Grade A* to C) before they join the college will be expected to work towards a qualification in English and/or Maths, as appropriate, as part of their course.

Course Offer Conditions

Harrow College normally runs courses that are offered. However, courses that do not recruit to a satisfactory level may be withdrawn or closed.

Fees and Refunds Policy

Please see our information on fees and bursaries on the Young Learners (16+) pages of the website. Any fees paid for full time programmes are non refundable. Please contact Admissions if you would like further information or advice.
StartsLengthWhereCode
08 Sep 201432 wksHarrow on the Hill CampusGC2MATHAEnquire
08 Sep 201432 wksHarrow Weald CampusGC2MATWAEnquire
Pin It

Course Search

264 Courses Found

Courses by Level

Careers Coach

Career Coach

Higher Education

STEM logo BW