Equality & Diversity Policy Statement
1. Harrow College is committed to Equality & Diversity and respect for all students, staff and visitors.
2. The College is opposed to any form of discrimination on grounds of sex, race, religious belief, colour, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, social class, mental or physical disability.
3. Harrow College will seek, both as an Employer and Provider of Education and Training, to work actively towards offering equality to all students and staff with respect to:
- access to and participation in education and training
- selection, recruitment, promotion and development of staff
- the curriculum
- the College environment
- support systems
- reflect the diverse nature of the community in which it works
- take positive steps to ensure no forms of unlawful discrimination occur
- address Equality & Diversity issues at individual and institutional level
- monitor the effects of its Equality & Diversity Policy in operation and develop an annual plan to address issues
- modify procedures and priorities as necessary to improve implementation of the Equality & Diversity Policy
4. An annual report on all Equality & Diversity matters will be made to the Governing Body.
5. An Equality & Diversity committee of the College will undertake routine monitoring and make recommendations for action. Members will be drawn widely from the College community and may be co-opted from outside in order to provide specialist knowledge or expertise. Minutes of and reports to the Equality & Diversity Committee will be available on the College's Intranet.